|RESEARCH SHOWS THAT ATTENDANCE IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN SCHOOL SUCCESS!! Help your child's school educate your child by using the following tips to ensure regular attendance.|
* Talk with your child about the importance of attending school regularly.
* Avoid scheduling family trips or doctor appointments during school hours.
* Make sure your child stays healthy by eating nutritious food and getting enough sleep and expercise.
* Don't accept excuses for why your child "must" miss or be late for school.
* Discuss with your child what happened at school each day.
* Support school rules and consequences for skipping class and being tardy.
* Show your child why education is important. Give specific examples of how education help people succeed.
* Lead by example. If children see parents taking off work for no real reason, they may expect to be able to do the same thing.
|Last Updated: 8/3/09|