|NWEA's DesCartes: This is a classroom resource that teachers can use to translate NWEA scores into specific learning objectives targeted to individual student needs. Some ways this can be used are: |
1. Organizing resources, programs, and staff to meet the needs of individual students.
2. Defining flexible grouping for instruction based on students' performance in specific goal areas.
3. Identifying the skills and concepts that provide the most appropriate academic challenge.
4. Guiding selection of materials that are appropriately challenging to ensure sustained academic growth for all students.
5. Engaging students in setting their academic goals and tracking their progress.
6. Monitoring academic growth in relationship to content standards.
7. Adopting a common framework to facilitate goal setting, collaboration, and further inquiry.
8. Sharing academic needs with parents.
|Last Updated: 9/15/10|